Sunday, May 5, 2013

The future of Girl and Her Stuicase

This week has brought on a brainstorm that just won't quit. Beyond the normal "where will I travel to in the next five years"? For the record, next year is the England and Wales road trip, but after that options I've been considering are Portugal, Croatia, France, Germany and Italy again.
Among the big questions I've been pondering (mainly due to being prodded by well meaning friends) is how I can make part of a living doing this. So, after lots of research I've been in contact with a travel agency in Irvine that is willing to host me as an independent travel agent. Yes, that's right, I'll be official!
The other thing I've been thinking about is opening up my yearly trips to more friends. Normally I just travel with a few people, but there is savings in numbers. Discounts can be negotiated with more people in attendance. I'm not saying I'm leading a tour here, although those who wish to tag along with my daily jaunts are welcome, but if you're looking for a cost efficient way to see someplace, this might be the way to do it. Case in point, the trip to Italy we three friends shared a room. Our total cost was about $3200 each roughly. That included airfare, hotels in Venice, Florence, Rome and Naples (total 16 nights), train tickets for three trips, and a day tour of Tuscany with wine tasting. Having looked at many land tours, you're going to pay that without the airfare, so this seems like a good idea.
So how about it folks? What are your thoughts? Who knows, maybe some day I'll be going up against Rick Steves! (Ok, I doubt it, but its super fun to think about anyway!)
Photos of Portugal - Featured Images
This photo of Portugal is courtesy of TripAdvisor
Photos of Croatia - Featured Images
This photo of Croatia is courtesy of TripAdvisor

No comments:

Post a Comment