Thursday, February 2, 2012

I've been seduced

So this week I finally convinced Sister With a Suitcase to travel with me. She didn't want to go to Italy with me this summer (let's not get on the topic of what self-respecting Italian-American DOESN'T want to go to Italy, because apparently it's my sister), but I did get her to agree to go on the 2013 Europe summer trip. Since I wrote about Spain a couple weeks ago, I decided this was where I wanted to go. I told her we could go to Ibiza if she came with me, to which she immediately said, "Heck, yes!"
Being the obsessive type-A person I am, I started to throw around numbers, look at some maps, consult Trip Advisor and see what the general game plan would be. One of my friends, Miz Brazil, had told me when we were in Greece that she really wanted to go to the Balearic Islands someday. I sent her a text message and she said, "HELL YES!", with the caviat: we have to go to Formentera. Formentera? Where the hell is that? So I brought the map back up and it turns out it's right next to Ibiza, just a short ferry ride away. On to Trip Advisor to see what the deal is with this place. This is what I found:
Formentera Photos
This photo of Formentera is courtesy of TripAdvisor
Good God. I might never come home! Sister and I grew up in a beach community, so this state of living comes quite naturally to us. Even now, I only live 2 blocks away from it, but it's a poor substitute compared to THAT! The more I looked, the more I was seduced by the pull of the Balearic Islands. Gorgeous blue waters, light soft sand, and the knowledge that the island is much more bent on relaxation than partying. That's what Ibiza is for, after all! When Miz Brazil and I went to Santorini it was the same atmosphere. Yes there were some pubs, but for the most part it was 4 days of just going to the beach, shopping, and just relaxing. There was no where to be but the beach, with a drink in my hand, wading around in the warm waters of the Mediterranean Sea. Just looking at the pictures makes me want to hop on a plane right now! And yes, the water really IS that color in reality. Wow....
Formentera Photos
This photo of Formentera is courtesy of TripAdvisor

No comments:

Post a Comment